Monday, April 19, 2010

My affair with running



I've had a long time flirtation with running. We've eyed each other across the room many of times, we've danced, we've even had a few drunk make out sessions. Then I decided I wasn't committed enough. Running wasn't giving me what I needed. I turned to Zumba and Kickboxing and spent a lot of time with my old friend the elliptical machine.

Then something happened. These babies came into my life.
And, well, they're magic. I seriously feel like a superhero in them. I could zumba the night away. Walk for miles. Then this weekend zumba was full by the time I got to the gym. So I hopped on the treadmill and ran. For 25 min straight. And it was almost effortless. (Almost.) Then today, in a fit of runner's high, I went to the gym and did it again. I know to most of you 25 min straight is nothing. But I'm amazing myself.

So running and I are dating again. I'm not sure if it's serious, but it feels nice to get those beginning of the relationship butterflies again.

2 comments:

  1. those are some sweet shoes....what kind are they? besides being nikes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. update: nevermind... I got it...lunaglides...... Must. Have. Them.

    ReplyDelete